Freitag, Juli 22

Page Two: Upcoming S/S Bremen celebrations and fishing

Dear M. 
I don't know why but I feel really good about purchasing this diary, but I do. It is not an ordinary diary for sure, since it's mainly for you to read. How you do to read it is beyond me, but I know you can read this. I feel it. I woke up quite early today to meet the dawn. It is a day with a nautical theme here in Berlin, since we will be celebrating the fact that S/S Bremen, a giant steamship constructed for the transatlantic sea route just arrived in New York on its maiden voyage. Everybody here are talking about it, and there will be nautical themed celebrations at der Keller tonight. We have been told to be dressed in a nautical theme. I have a modified sailor jacket and a black skirt I could use and I have borrowed a sailor hat and I might wear that, but I also had an idea for a mermaid outfit, but I don't know whether I'll dare. It's not that important though, so we'll see. Anyway, I have dug out my old fishing rod and thought I'd try my luck down the docks. Most parts of Berlin are already asleep so it is a peaceful way of beginning the day. There are fish in the Spree kanal, I've seen some when I have swum there, but I guess they're not that edible ... but it's better than nothing and it is a lovely way of spending a morning in Berlin. XXX Rosie

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen