Freitag, Juli 22

Page One: Background

Dear M. 
I know that you wonder why I'm writing this, but you see I moved to Berlin some time ago and I haven't been able to visit you as often as I wish. Yes ... to Berlin. I know that you really don't like it, and of course daddy has not been at all happy about it either, but I just felt that I needed to leave Hamburg. It was suffocating me, and daddy always watching over me like a hawk as if I'm still a little child although I am 22 years old now. I hadn't even kissed a boy before I came to Berlin, but that has changed now ... and I'll get back to that later, don't you worry. I have now lived in Berlin since May, after going to Berlin on a regular basis since April 30. I experienced the blutmai that you may have heard about up there. The policemen were fighting anarchists and communists and guns were fired and bombs exploded. I was there and I hid on the roof of the bauhaus building. A bomb hit the roof, but I wasn't even close to it, so don't you worry. It was all very scary ... but also ... I don't know .. EXCITING! Something was happening, and outside Cafe Elektric I met a woman who I later found out was a journalist called Katyana Jaidov who assured me that when the riots were over everything would get back to normal and nothing would really change ... and she was right. A couple of days later, the road blocks were gone and everything was back to normal again. I started to get to know the people in Berlin, and I will tell you later about them, but I can assure you one thing. They are good people, almost all of them. Yeah, some of them are a bit dodgy, but they are not all useless bohemians as daddy would describe them. I wonder why dislikes hates Berlin so much. It's not as if Hamburg is more clean or whatever, just more boring. I wonder if he has some bad memory there ... maybe you know ... never mind. If you DID know, you could not tell me anyway. But he is so childish, daddy, sorry for saying that, but it is true. He travelled all the way from Hamburg to Berlin, neglecting his radio valve factory and business and went around the streets looking for me. It was very embarrassing when I heard about it. My friend Taena Matova said to her friends at der Keller that it was about time that I made some sort of rebellion towards my over protective father. She did not aim it at me and I don't think she heard me, but she was absolutely right. This was the same day, when daddy found me and my new friends at der Keller and tried to order me to follow him back to Hamburg. Please forgive him, but he was maybe a bit too violent when he forced me back to Hamburg. Anyway, when he had fallen asleep, I packed my bags and left. I lived a couple of days with my French friend Bibiche Chant before another friend, the fascinating Sabriel Warwillow told me that she had moved in with her friend Sein Loire and that she had no use for her apartment at Dorothenstrasse anymore so I could move in there ... and hence was the residential problem solved. It felt right from the start as if it would find a solution, since I get the impression that most people here are friendly and want to help a lost newcomer, and sorry, but you can't really say that about Hamburg. I will tell you more about Berlin, the people I meet there and my life there soon, but first of all ... I'm sooo sorry. So sorry for not letting you hear from me earlier, but I think that you probably can feel how I feel up there. I think you have that power. I love you. XXX Rosie

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen