Sonntag, August 21

Page Twenty-Two: A daytrip to the Dresden Gallery

Dear M. I feel a bit better today. Last Friday, I went to see another performance by Alice and Vera (a.k.a. Cabaret Americana) at the Odeon theatre, and it was the best performance so far by them. Loads of fun in all sorts of ways, even though Vera did a rather mean ventriloquist impersonation of me, but it was all done with heart although she made me blush at the time. On Saturday I joined a trip to Dresden arranged by the Society of Philanthropic Berliners. We were a bunch of Berliner who took the train there (the train ride took three hours) and went to see the Dresden Gallery, and my oh my what an experience that was. Lots of wonderful paintings and a huge gallery where you easily could get lost. We walked around and watched all the paintings for hours, and had great fun as well as getting some culture into our dreary lives. I inserted a photograph that was taken on the steps of the gallery when we were waiting for the train who would take us home (and waiting for the people who were lost in the gallery). I'm on the far left, then you see frl Bibiche Chant, Father Helendale, frl Fubby Peapod, Frau Gstone McAuley, Frau Jo Yardley, Sir Gedenspire and his wife, Taena Matova and finally a little boy who I believe is called Tom. Love you. XXX Rosie


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen