Sonntag, August 14

Page Twenty: The Miss Berlin Contest and other stuff ...

Well M. I survived yesterday rather well. I am not the new Miss Berlin, that is Pola Solo who was one of the girls I thought would win, but I got the second place, and that's better than expected. Fubby Peapod was placed third and Jelena Matova (who in my eyes was the other possible winner) finished in fourth. I have to tell you though, M, I've never been so nervous before in my life. Silly, I know, it's just a beauty contest, but I felt really nervous before it all. The minutes before my first posing in swimsuit was agony, but out on the stage it went quite well. The self-declared spokesman for the working class, frl Roberts (who is less working class than Bertie Wooster), fooled a couple of easily lead people to do a protest against the whole event, and they focused on doing their protests during my performances. I read a poem about a friend being far away during the talent event, and that went quite well. So did the evening dress event, although I ended it all by falling into the orchestra pit. Yes, a bit embarrassing, but I think I managed to end it in a nice style anyway. But these protestors (whatever they protested against) kept on misbehaving by throwing bottles during the prize ceremony, and somebody even set fire to the stage afterwards, and I my evening dress was ruined by it ... I got some smaller burn marks as well but nothing dangerous. It hurts a bit, but it's OK. After a quick visit at the hospital, getting some quick treatment, I went to Club Eldorado where the entertainment was about to start. I was in a bit of a bad mood due to the injuries (not the result of the competition) but I sat there for a bit anyway. Then I met Jelena, and she asked me if I was interested in going to der Keller instead for a nice peaceful chat. So we went there, and sat there for a long time talking about this and that and had a nice time, and later another friend Gaby joined us there too. I slept quite badly since I needed some sort of painkillers, but even though I've been tired today, I feel quite good. I met Morganic earlier today and he showed me a part of Berlin that I hadn't seen before - the hidden sewers. It was both interesting and exciting. Anyway, hope to get hold of some photographs from the event to show you later. All my love and kisses. XXX Rosie

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen