Montag, August 8

Page Seventeen: Busy Sunday!

Dear M. It was a very busy Sunday and I fell asleep late without even thinking of scribble down a few lines here, but after a good night's sleep and a large bucket of coffee, I feel like a new girl. Maybe not a BETTER girl, but a NEW girl. Yesterday started with me getting a letter from Sabs who seems to be well taken care of in England, so I don't have to worry about her, and I'll just wait for her to get back as soon as possible. I will write a letter back to her later, even though there is not that much new to tell here. Well, there was a performance at Club Eldorado Saturday evening with the Cabaret Americana couple Vera and Alice, and even though the performance was quite good, it wasn't that much more "racy" or "adult" than their ordinary performances at the Odeon. Eldorado hasn't really been able to live up to its seedy reputation yet, and I only saw one man in a dress there and that was a pianist called Max - a man with a fishlike face, thin mustasche a camp squeaky voice. Otherwise it was the usual people there. I guess those who want to go overboard and be "risque" do not feel comfortable enough about it. Anyway, after the performance, it was time to dance and have some fun, and they had put up a sort of rotating mirror ball in the ceiling, that made strange patterns appear on the wall, and of course, since the whole device was rotating, the patterns were dancing around on the walls, the floor and the ceiling. It took some time to get used to, and I had to force myself not to follow the patterns with my eyes, since I noticed that it made me dizzy. Still, after some time I danced with Sein, who like me felt a bit "bleh" (to use his own words) after Sabs' departure. No M, I'm not trying to take over Sabs' place. Both Sabs and Sein are good friends and I would never do a thing like that. We both needed to dance and have a bit of fun after what had been a rather miserable day. On Sunday I met up with Zeno McAuley's wife Gstone, who is arranging the Miss Berlin contest, and since I was asked to compete some weeks ago, I thought it may be fun. I was a bit nervous about it all, but Gstone has given us the possibility to rehearse for the event which I did on Sunday. She is really a good coach, very good at making the butterflies in our tummies, if not go away, at least settle down a bit. That was all I think, at least for this time. Love you forever XXX Rosie. 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen