Sonntag, August 28

Page Twenty-Five: Charika and Verona


Hello M. I'd like to tell you about one of my best friends in Berlin, a young lady called Charika Bauer. Charika was born in India by an Indian mother and Austrian father, but grew up in Germany. Her father died when she was just a child, and her mother moved back to India and Charika grew up staying with an elder relative. When that relative died, Charika became a dancer and was a member of a dance troupe that toured all over Germany and I think they also toured in Austria, Switzerland and the Netherlands. She got fed up with the constant touring and left the dance troupe after an incident of some sort (she has not told me any details) and came to Berlin. She started working as a taxi driver and moved into a small hotel room at Nussbaum where she lived for a month or so, but today she managed to get her own apartment at Friedrichstrasse and she was so happy about it. During the time we've known each other I have never seen her so happy before. The thing is ... Charika has a daughter, a seven year old (I think) girl called Verona, and Charika's great worry has always been not being able to have a home for herself and her daughter. Charika has always been very secretive about her daughter, but she has not been able to keep her hidden, since that is a girl with lots of energy and many ideas about what to do ... Verona is quite rowdish. I don't know who Verona's father is, and Charika doesn't seem interested in talking about that, so I won't insist. When she wants to tell me, I'm sure she will do so. Today Charika and Verona got their first real home in Berlin. Congratulations to both of them. So, you see M, I'm quite happy about the fact that things are getting better for Charika and Verona. Love you XXX Rosie. 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen